September 13, 2021
Celebrate September at Arsenal Yards With a Variety of Complimentary Outdoor Events
Arsenal Yards’ September happenings give residents and visitors the chance to get outside and enjoy live music and fitness classes all month long
Watertown, Mass. – September 13, 2021 – With fall just around the corner, Arsenal Yards invites residents, workers, and visitors to get outside and enjoy the weather through a variety of complimentary events happening throughout the vibrant new neighborhood this September. Guests and residents of Arsenal Yards are invited to enjoy a series of free fitness classes along with outdoor live music performances through the new Backyard Sessions music series all month long!
“Due to popular demand for fitness and the incredible response we had to our outdoor summer picnics, we are excited to invite the Watertown community back out onto the River Green at Arsenal Yards to continue our Outdoor Fitness Series and kick off our Backyard Sessions performances this September,” said Jessica Reed, Marketing Director at Arsenal Yards. “With notable new openings taking place at Arsenal Yards this fall, including the newly opened Buttermilk & Bourbon and Sweetgreen, and soon-to-open additions like Tori Jiro and Condesa Restaurante & Tequila Bar, we couldn’t think of a better time to offer visitors the space to enjoy everything that Arsenal Yards has to offer.”
While the past year has made it difficult for many to workout indoors and in gyms, Arsenal Yards is excited to extend its popular Outdoor Fitness Series through the end of September. With outdoor, socially distanced classes ranging from yoga and barre to boot camps and cardio kickboxing, participating studios include Pure Barre Arsenal Yards, Kick it by Eliza, Artemis Yoga, Breathe Studio, Get Lively: Health & Fitness and Ballroom in Boston. All classes must be reserved online in advance, and registration opens one week prior to the date of the class. For the month of September all outdoor fitness classes are free.
Available classes for September follow below, and visitors are encouraged to check out the Arsenal Yards Events Calendar for additional details:
- Monday, September 13th at 5:30 PM with Kick it by Eliza
- Monday, September 20th at 5:00 PM Bootcamp with Get Lively
- Wednesday, September 22nd at 6:15 PM Line Dancing with Ballroom in Boston
- Monday, September 27th at 5:30 PM with Kick it by Eliza
- Tuesday, September 28th at 5:30 PM with Pure Barre Arsenal Yards
- Wednesday, September 29th at 5:00 PM with Artemis Yoga
- Monday, October 4th at 5:00 PM with Breathe Studio
Guests and residents are also invited to groove their way through September with Backyard Sessions, a series of 15 complimentary outdoor live music events, at Arsenal Yards that kicked off on Friday, September 10th. With a packed schedule of a variety of local performers, musical acts include Joe Carson, The Blue Hotel, The Electric Heaters and more! Guests are encouraged to pick up takeout, reserve a patio table at any of the delicious restaurants at Arsenal Yards, or grab a seat to relax on the River Green. Performances will take place on either the River Green or the sidewalk plaza near City Works. Seating in common areas is first come, first serve. While all performances are complimentary and open to the community, Arsenal Yards is encouraging donations to the Watertown Public Schools to support local students and teachers this school season.
Backyard Sessions performance dates and times follow below, and visitors are encouraged to check out the Arsenal Yards Events Calendar for additional dates or updates:
- Tuesday, September 14th from 4:00pm – 6:00pm featuring The Electric Heaters
- Wednesday, September 15th from 3:00pm – 5:00pm featuring Gabby Cotter Trio with Maurizio Fiore and Melvin Lam
- Thursday, September 16th from 5:00pm – 7:00pm featuring The Blue Hotel
- Friday, September 17th from 12:00 – 2:00pm featuring Albino Mbie
- Tuesday, September 21st from 4:00pm – 6:00pm featuring Emily Desmond
- Wednesday, September 22nd from 3:00 – 5:00pm featuring Alex Minasian Trio
- Thursday, September 23rd from 5:00pm – 7:00pm featuring Colt and the Coyotes
- Friday, September 24th from 12:00pm – 2:00pm featuring Joe Carson
- Tuesday, September 28th from 4:00pm – 6:00pm featuring John Copeland
- Wednesday, September 29th from 3:00 – 5:00pm featuring Orchid Reed
- Thursday, September 30th from 5:00pm – 7:00 pm featuring Perfect Crime
- Friday, October 1st from 12:00pm – 2:00pm featuring Freddy Epstein presents “Sax on the Beach”
The safety of guests, performers and staff remains the top priority at Arsenal Yards. Arsenal Yards is closely monitoring all COVID-19 rules and regulations to ensure a safe experience for all. Following CDC guidelines and local regulations, face masks are required for all individuals while in indoor public spaces. Face masks are no longer required outdoors for individuals who are fully vaccinated, though non-vaccinated individuals are advised to continue to wear face masks at Arsenal Yards.
Free parking for all Arsenal Yards events is available in the red or purple parking garage, along with the surface parking area near City Works. For more information about Arsenal Yards, visit www.arsenalyards.com.Read the full press release
Categories: PressBack to News & Press >