Posted Tue, Jun 21 | Sweetgreen
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Are you a team player who’s open to growing and learning new things? Are you looking to break into the restaurant/service industry and want a job where you can get your hands dirty? Are you an individual who wants a job where you can be yourself?
- A friendly, fun, and positive work environment, with a welcoming and supportive team
- A clear career path with opportunities for advancement and career development
- Free sweetgreen gear and tenure rewards through our 'Shades of Green' program
- Healthy and delicious shift meals
- Medical, Dental, & Vision plan options available for part time and full time Team Members
- Competitive wages
- Vacation + Wellness time*
- 5 month paid parental leave*
- Holiday Premium: hourly employees who work on an observed holiday will be paid 1.5x their hourly wage
*Depending on eligibility
You must be able to perform the following job duties satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation:
As a Kitchen Team Member, you will be an ambassador of the sweetlife and sweetgreen's core values. You will be an integral part of the guest experience, through the creation of healthy, transparent, and delicious food. It’s your job to ensure that we’re serving our guests products that live up to the quality and food safety standards that we pride ourselves on. You will report to the Head Coach (General Manager) and Assistant Coach (Assistant General Manager).
You must be a true team player, willing to get your hands dirty and do whatever it takes to keep your store running smoothly. Every team member at sweetgreen is responsible for upholding our core values
Kitchen Team Member responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Ensure all food meets food safety and quality standards to eliminate cross-contamination on the front line
- Prep all cold and hot food items using prep worksheets
- Follow proper knife safety procedures
- Operate oven and hot prep equipment, ensure proper time/temp of all hot and cooked foods
- Operate fit-wash, robot coupe and all other cold prep equipment
- Maintain clean, food-safe dish and prep stations throughout shift
- Set up and break down oven station, maintain clean and organized hot prep zone and equipment
- Manage communication between Service Team Members and Kitchen, inventory front line, prep zones, oven and walk-in to determine needs. Ensure areas are always stocked
- Learn and maintain knowledge of our changing salad menu + ingredients
- Put received orders away
- Maintain clean and organized dish and sink area, restock clean dishes + equipment, take out trash at Dish station
- Clean dishes, tongs, trays, and equipment throughout shift;
- Clean mop sink, area and and cleaning supplies;
- Refill kitchen chemicals as needed
- Circulate dirty/clean bowls and tongs
- Assist Service and Kitchen teams in maintaining a clean
- Put received orders away
- Food, Restaurant, and/or Team experience
- Knowledge of proper food safety handling
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with kitchen and food prep equipment
- A team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Quick and adaptable learner
- Collaborative communication skills
- Accountable in upholding high standards
- Ability to read and comprehend information at a close range at a close range, and follow instructions accurately and efficiently
- Ability to use electronic systems, such as computers and tablets.
- Physically able to lift up to 25 pounds and, stand for long periods of time
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- Subject to exposure to cleaning chemicals
Come live the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please CLICK HERE.
All candidates for roles in markets where either sweetgreen or the local jurisdiction mandates full vaccination against COVID-19 to work in our restaurants must as a condition of employment provide proof of full vaccination with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 upon hire, subject to a reasonable accommodation being granted. For roles in all other markets, full vaccination against COVID-19 is preferred.
For additional details or to apply, please visit:
Parking & directions
Arsenal Yards is approximately a 10-minute drive from Harvard Square and approximately a 15-minute drive from Copley Square. Other areas will find it easily accessible from the Mass Pike or Fresh Pond Parkway, among many routes available to Watertown’s East End. Once on site, ample free parking is available. Traveling via public transportation? MBTA bus route 70 stops right on site and can be picked up at the Central Square Red Line T stop.