Posted Thu, Jun 16 | Taffer's Tavern
The Restaurant Manager for Taffer’s Tavern will support guests and team members dynamics. Will support day-to-day operations necessities to ensure our guests and team members are satisfied and return. You will support the front of house and back of house team members, ensuring quality of service and products meet high standards, and ultimately drive guest to come back. This role will also involve interacting with guests and team members to ensure a premium service is always delivered. The Restaurant Manager is proficient in all aspects of the operation at Taffer’s Tavern and represents the culture and brand we are all about.
Must Have Attributes:
Essential Functions of the position include, but limited to:
- Maintain the highest standards of food and beverage quality, guest service, cost control and consistency in accordance with Taffer’s Tavern expectations.
- Thorough knowledge of Taffer’s Safe Dining procedures and brand culture.
- Partner responsibility to the management team as needed and adhere existing policy consistency.
- Assist in all hiring, teaching, supervision, management, coaching, counseling, and evaluation of all team members under the dynamic guidelines set for the brand.
- Assist in weekly schedule and payroll for the hourly staff, conduct pre-shift meetings and assist team members with any inquires.
- Adhere, control, and demonstrate operating standards, policies and procedures to be followed by management and team members.
- Excellent communication skills required, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to team members and guests.
- Assign and instruct the team members in the details of their work. Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary.
- Operate with an open-door policy, listen to and understand requests of the team respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy activity, serving as a role model for the team members. Interact with all department personnel as needed.
- Ensure proper inventory levels are maintained for facilitating proper operations, establish and enforce strict inventory controls, and participate in monthly inventory reconciliations in conjunction with the Operations and Finance team.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgement, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
- Ensure that no team member is permitted to work if they are not suitably dressed, groomed, have proper work cards, and follow health code guidelines.
- Participate in the development and implement cost saving and profit enhancement measures.
- Maintain positive and professional relations with vendors. Manage interaction of vendors on property with our team members.
- Monitor labor cost and monitor the venue’s budget to ensure efficient operations, including achieving budget revenue and labor expenses are being met.
- Focus on succession management, teaching and development of all Taffer’s Tavern team members.
- Monitor guest satisfaction on all levels, including social media platforms.
- Ensure health, safety, and sanitation requirements are in compliance with the Health Department, OSHA, Fire Department, and any city or state agencies.
- 1-3 years of experience in Operations Management in the hospitality industry including restaurant and bar operations.
- Supervisory, administrative experience required and sales experience preferred.
- Team management experience required, and financial experience preferred, e.g. ability to analyze financial statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting, and scheduling team members.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must possess a positive and solution-oriented attitude. Must have the “can do” attitude.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require levels of patience and tact as well as diplomacy to defuse anger, collect factual information, and resolve conflict to resolution required.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in making decisions.
- Must be flexible regarding changes as well as willing and able to understand company policies and appropriately support team.
- Must be an advocate of exceptional customer service.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English (written and oral) with guests and team members.
- Leadership, problem solving, organizational and communication skills required.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Valid Driver’s License
- 21+ years of age
- Possession of, or the ability, to possess all state required work cards
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
This job description is a summary of my responsibilities, which you as Restaurant Manager are expected to perform in your assignment. It is by no means an all-inclusive list but is merely a broad guide to expected functions. As an employee you should understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent; it can be modified at any time. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the entity. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. Also, at the request of management, any employee may be asked and expected to perform additional functions, responsibilities, or projects without notice.
I have read the qualifications and requirements of the position of Restaurant Manager. To the best of my knowledge, I believe that I can perform these functions and understand what is expected of my performance at Taffer’s Tavern.
I understand that my employment is through Five Guys Tavern LLC and Premier Taverns, LLC holds no employment responsibility over this position.
For additional details or to apply, please visit:
Parking & directions
Arsenal Yards is approximately a 10-minute drive from Harvard Square and approximately a 15-minute drive from Copley Square. Other areas will find it easily accessible from the Mass Pike or Fresh Pond Parkway, among many routes available to Watertown’s East End. Once on site, ample free parking is available. Traveling via public transportation? MBTA bus route 70 stops right on site and can be picked up at the Central Square Red Line T stop.