Posted Thu, Jun 16 | Taffer's Tavern
The Bartender for Taffer’s Tavern is unique in that you are both a producer and server of our signature products. As a producer, you must demonstrate a commitment to quality and recipe adherence. As a server, you must be dedicated to the quality of your guests’ experience. Taffer’s Tavern Bartenders are known for their skill, knowledge, charismatic personalities, and efficient service.
Must Have Attributes:
Essential Functions of the position include, but limited to:
- Maintain the highest standards of food and beverage quality, guest service, cost control and consistency in accordance with Taffer’s Tavern expectations.
- Check for proper identification of guest appearing to be under legal drinking age.
- Thorough knowledge of Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards and guidelines.
- Maintain an open line of communication with team members.
- Excellent communication skills required, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to team members and guests.
- Maintain a positive upbeat demeanor during all interaction with guests and fellow team members.
- Ensure proper inventory levels are maintained for facilitating proper operations.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgement, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
- Ensure health, safety, and sanitation requirements are in compliance with the Health Department, OSHA, Fire Department, and any city or state agencies.
- 2-3 years of experience in related experience.
- Responsible for monitoring bar inventory and replacing as needed.
- Be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures involving inventory control and storage.
- Must possess a positive and solution-oriented attitude. Must have the “can do” attitude.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require levels of patience and tact as well as diplomacy to defuse anger, collect factual information, and resolve conflict to resolution required.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in making decisions.
- Must be flexible regarding changes as well as willing and able to understand company policies and appropriately support team.
- Must be an advocate of exceptional customer service.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English (written and oral) with guests and team members.
- Leadership, problem solving, organizational and communication skills required.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Valid Driver’s License
- 21+ years of age
- Possession of, or the ability, to possess all state required work cards
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
Upon submission, your application will be redirected to our local franchisee for consideration of employment. Premier Taverns, LLC does not own or operate any Taffer’s Tavern restaurants. Franchised Taffer’s locations are independently owned and operated by franchisees and Premier Taverns, LLC has no involvement in hiring decisions for these locations.
For additional details or to apply, please visit:
Parking & directions
Arsenal Yards is approximately a 10-minute drive from Harvard Square and approximately a 15-minute drive from Copley Square. Other areas will find it easily accessible from the Mass Pike or Fresh Pond Parkway, among many routes available to Watertown’s East End. Once on site, ample free parking is available. Traveling via public transportation? MBTA bus route 70 stops right on site and can be picked up at the Central Square Red Line T stop.