Retail Supervisor, Product Operations
Posted Tue, Mar 22 | Old Navy
About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
In this role, you will support the store leadership team by performing functional tasks as assigned. You will act as a mentor and role model to employees to support service behaviors and the execution of tasks in specific areas of expertise. You will focus on leading processes and/or areas of the business, executing tasks and maintaining productivity to ensure goals are met. Through collaboration with your leadership team, your goal is to teach and coach your team and drive behaviors to deliver a best-in-class customer experience.
What You'll Do
- Serve as a role model to achieve priorities in store, with the customer as the primary focus
- Support the store leadership team to collaborate effectively with employees and ensure work tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Build and share expertise in an assigned specialized functional area
- Support completion or work processes before or after the store closes as needed inclusive of opening and/or closing the store
- Listen and ask questions to solicit feedback to understand needs and provide service
- Handle unique or complex customer interactions
Who You Are
- Provides clear and direct communication of expectations and gives feedback
- Ability to utilize technology effectively and engage with customers and your team to meet goals
- Able to effectively lead and inspire others through coaching and mentoring
- Demonstrate interest and initiative towards continuous improvement and growth
- Research process or transaction flow to identify root cause of errors
For additional details or to apply, please visit:
Parking & directions
Arsenal Yards is approximately a 10-minute drive from Harvard Square and approximately a 15-minute drive from Copley Square. Other areas will find it easily accessible from the Mass Pike or Fresh Pond Parkway, among many routes available to Watertown’s East End. Once on site, ample free parking is available. Traveling via public transportation? MBTA bus route 70 stops right on site and can be picked up at the Central Square Red Line T stop.