Kitchen - Cook
Posted Wed, Sep 1 | Roche Bros.
To cook and prepare food and display product in the department in a careful, clean, neat, and expedient manner while ensuring that all product is fresh, rotated, and well-stocked for our customers while maintaining great customer service.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Successful experience in the kitchen operation (i.e. line cooking, merchandising, ordering, inventory, and pricing).
- 3-5 years of professional cooking experience in the food industry.
- Complete training in the kitchen operation.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English, with the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work a scheduled based on the business needs of the store location.
- Authorized to work within the U.S.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the company.
- Commit to the “Golden Rule” and work with other associates to build a strong kitchen team.
- Achieve the highest associate morale in the industry by working in a style that is Respectful, Supportive and Totally Team Oriented (RSTO).
- Provide continuous attention to customers’ needs at the service counter and be available for customer assistance and questions about food products.
- Greet, assist, and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, and friendly manner, along with preparing special orders as requested.
- Answer product questions and offer assistance in finding or suggesting product selection.
- Work with kitchen manager for planning of daily meals or menus.
- Guarantee outstanding product quality and presentation through cooperation with kitchen manager.
- Process merchandise according to production guidelines and follow established sanitation standards.
- Keep all kitchen ingredients or merchandise rotated in accordance with company policy and product code dates and always makes use of the oldest products first (first in, first out).
- Participate actively in the control of shrink; use proper tares, check scales for accuracy, control “leftovers” and minimize waste.
- Practice the “Cleaner’s Creed” and proper sanitation procedures.
- Ensure that company standards of safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are maintained.
- Exercise proper safety practices when lifting or moving product, and operating and clean equipment and tools.
- Monitor cooler and display area temperature to ensure product quality; report refrigeration failure immediately.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Clean utensils, work tables, walls, fans, drains in kitchen cooler, and wipe counter tops and front of display cases.
- Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and business attitude.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized markdowns or property defacement.
- Successful completion of the onboarding/e-learnings and checklist within 30 days of hire/entering the department.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
For additional details or to apply, please visit:
Parking & directions
Arsenal Yards is approximately a 10-minute drive from Harvard Square and approximately a 15-minute drive from Copley Square. Other areas will find it easily accessible from the Mass Pike or Fresh Pond Parkway, among many routes available to Watertown’s East End. Once on site, ample free parking is available. Traveling via public transportation? MBTA bus route 70 stops right on site and can be picked up at the Central Square Red Line T stop.