Customer Service - Cashier
Posted Tue, Mar 22 | Roche Bros.
The Cashier provides excellent customer service by efficiently and accurately processing customer transactions at the checkout lane. This individual provides the highest level of quality service by creating a pleasant and friendly atmosphere and treating each and every customer and associate like one of the family!
1. Must be passionate about people and committed to customer service excellence!
2. Must be able to work as a team member and interact positively with customers.
3. Must possess a high standard of integrity and reliability.
4. Successful completion of e-learnings and department training programs.
5. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
6. Ability to work a schedule based on the business needs of the store location.
7. Authorized to work within the U.S.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the company.
1. Promote the company image as a service-oriented operation where every associate will greet, assist, render efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly, and business-like manner.
2. Commit to the “Golden Rule” and work with management and fellow associates to build a strong customer service team.
3. Record all items at correct prices in their correct departments quickly and efficiently. Utilize all techniques specified in training.
4. Verify identification for beer and wine purchases (where applicable).
5. Follow company cash handling procedures and maintain acceptable over/short record
6. Participate in bagging customers’ orders properly, and check register for product before the customer leaves to ensure nothing is left behind.
7. Notify customer service manager or assistant customer service manager of any problems: customer inquiries or complaints, incorrect prices or poorly marked merchandise, errors/problems with UPC codes, change and coin needed, potential security problems, shrink problems within the store, perishable overstock at check stand (returns), or any unusual problems or situations.
8. Participate actively in controlling shrink (loss of profit); checking the bottom of carriages, accurate ringing, shoplifting awareness, associate theft, and perishable overstock control.
9. Keep sales and work area and equipment clean, orderly, and free from safety hazards; report hazards to management.
10. Ensure company standards of cleanliness, safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation, and productivity are achieved.
11. Other duties as assigned by management
Secondary Job Functions:
1. Cashiers may be scheduled as Service Clerks or Head Cashiers as dictated by the business need.
2. Return shopping carts and hand baskets to the proper location.
3. Assist in training new associates.
For additional details or to apply, please visit:
Parking & directions
Arsenal Yards is approximately a 10-minute drive from Harvard Square and approximately a 15-minute drive from Copley Square. Other areas will find it easily accessible from the Mass Pike or Fresh Pond Parkway, among many routes available to Watertown’s East End. Once on site, ample free parking is available. Traveling via public transportation? MBTA bus route 70 stops right on site and can be picked up at the Central Square Red Line T stop.