Posted Mon, Mar 29 | City Works Eatery & Pour House
City Works is now hiring for a variety of front and back of house positions! Earn a $250 Welcome Bonus for joining the team.
About the Role:
Our Line Cooks are a key part of our team, and critical to providing genuine hospitality. They are energetic, excited to grow in the hospitality industry and care about their team.
Our Line cooks help prepare and maintain assigned par levels of food items. The optimum Line Cook is skilled in culinary arts and is knowledgeable in kitchen equipment. The Line Cook upholds the origination of all recipes and provides the guests with the best possible culinary experience.
What You'll Do:
- Follow recipes and procedures to prepare assigned sauces and food items according to prep lists and par guidelines
- Comply with all health code requirements
- Use knives correctly to include use of a cut glove to chip, cut, dice, etc.
- Prepare, season, and cook dishes such as soups, meats, vegetables, or desserts in restaurants
- May order supplies, keep records and accounts, price items on menu, or plan menu
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices
- Operate equipment safely determined by position and OSHA regulations
- Contribute to a positive guest experience by doing everything to exceed their expectations
- Store, receive, stock and rotate food throughout the work day per company standards as needed
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Work closely and communicate with BOH and FOH team members, in a high-paced environment while doing a variety of time restraint tasks
- Assist other cooks during high volume when needed
- Other functions as assigned by management
About City Works:
Bottleneck Management operates vibrant, high-energy, approachable restaurants in the most dynamic neighborhoods and locations. From the start, we’ve been about genuine people and genuine hospitality. We’ve grown into a crowd-pleasing hospitality juggernaut while continuing to hold our core values close to our hearts. We offer a fun and supportive working environment, with competitive salaries, insurance, 401k, vacation, paid sick days and generous restaurant discounts.
Understand the wants and needs of others Support others through words and actions Empower each team member to excel. Enjoy each other, our guests and our time at work. We believe it’s our people that make us strong, so we’re committed to finding driven, hospitable, upbeat and intelligent teammates. Whether it’s in our home office or our restaurants, we put hospitality first, like excellent hosts at a party.
For additional details or to apply, please visit:
Parking & directions
Arsenal Yards is approximately a 10-minute drive from Harvard Square and approximately a 15-minute drive from Copley Square. Other areas will find it easily accessible from the Mass Pike or Fresh Pond Parkway, among many routes available to Watertown’s East End. Once on site, ample free parking is available. Traveling via public transportation? MBTA bus route 70 stops right on site and can be picked up at the Central Square Red Line T stop.