Posted Tue, Jun 21 | City Works Eatery & Pour House
About the Role:
Our Prep Cooks are a key part of our team, and critical to providing genuine hospitality. They are energetic, excited to grow in the hospitality industry and care about their team. Our Prep cooks help prepare and maintain assigned par levels of food items. The optimum Prep Cook is skilled in culinary arts and is knowledgeable in kitchen equipment. The Prep Cook produces all proteins, sauces, dressing, and stocks from scratch; they are the heart of the kitchen. The Prep Cook upholds the origination of all recipes and provides the guests with the best possible culinary experience.
What You'll Do:
- Follow recipes and procedures to prepare assigned sauces and food items according to prep lists and par guidelines
- Follow all prescribed portioning controls and par levels
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Responsible for the preparation and production of readying foods, garnishes and condiments to be used on the line or for service
- Comply with all health code requirements.
- Use knives correctly to include use of a cut glove to chip, cut, dice, etc.
- Clean shelves, organize and remove trash
- Ensure the work area stays clean throughout the work day
- Operate equipment safely determined by position and OSHA regulations
- Contribute to a positive guest experience by doing everything to exceed their expectations
- Store, receive, stock and rotate food throughout the work day per company standards as needed
- Work closely and communicate with BOH and FOH team members, in a high-paced environment while doing a variety of time restraint tasks
- Assist other cooks during high volume when needed
- Other functions as assigned by management
About City Works:
Bottleneck Management operates vibrant, high-energy, approachable restaurants in the most dynamic neighborhoods and locations. From the start, we’ve been about genuine people and genuine hospitality. We’ve grown into a crowd-pleasing hospitality juggernaut while continuing to hold our core values close to our hearts. We offer a fun and supportive working environment, with competitive salaries, insurance, 401k, vacation, paid sick days and generous restaurant discounts.
Understand the wants and needs of others Support others through words and actions Empower each team member to excel. Enjoy each other, our guests and our time at work. We believe it’s our people that make us strong, so we’re committed to finding driven, hospitable, upbeat and intelligent teammates. Whether it’s in our home office or our restaurants, we put hospitality first, like excellent hosts at a party.
For additional details or to apply, please visit:
Parking & directions
Arsenal Yards is approximately a 10-minute drive from Harvard Square and approximately a 15-minute drive from Copley Square. Other areas will find it easily accessible from the Mass Pike or Fresh Pond Parkway, among many routes available to Watertown’s East End. Once on site, ample free parking is available. Traveling via public transportation? MBTA bus route 70 stops right on site and can be picked up at the Central Square Red Line T stop.