Posted Fri, Jan 8 | Roche Bros.
About the Role:
To process and stock quality merchandise on shelves and displays in a careful, clean, neat, and expedient manner. Ensuring that a variety of product is fresh and appealingly displayed for our customers while maintaining great customer service.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Ability to work at multiple store locations as needed.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English, with the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work a schedule based on the business needs of the store location.
- Authorized to work within the U.S.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the company.
- Commit to the “Golden Rule” and work with other associates to build a strong produce team.
- Greet, assist and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
- Achieve the highest associate morale in the industry by working in a style that is Respectful, Supportive and Totally Team Oriented (RSTO).
- Be knowledgeable and able to differentiate between all of the various types of produce merchandise including taste, preparation method or use, and price differences between varieties of similar classes of products (i.e., types of apples, potatoes, etc.).
- Offer product suggestions.
- Stock product and displays ensuring proper grading, rotating, crisping, trimming, wrapping, watering, and company sanitation practices are followed in in accordance with company policy and product code dates. Make use of the oldest products first (first in, first out).
- Fill and build displays; make sure product is priced accurately.
- Assist in checking and verifying produce department receiving when required.
- Receive, unload, and put away daily loads from delivery and store product in designated area to protect product quality.
- Observe all store rules and company policies, along with shift operating hours at all times as schedules or assigned by produce manager.
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company dress code.
- Practice the “Cleaner’s Creed” and proper sanitation procedures.
- Process merchandise according to production guidelines and handle damaged and spoiled products according to company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Keep back room, cooler, freezer, fans, drains, and display cases organized and clean. Along with monitoring the correct temperature and reporting refrigeration failure immediately to management.
- Keep work area swept clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report any hazards immediately to management.
- Exercise safe practices when lifting or moving product, along with cleaning department equipment and tools.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Occasional calls to the front end to help bag at busy times.
- Restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark downs or property defacement.
- Successful completion of the onboarding/e-learnings and checklist within 30 days of hire/entering the department.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
For additional details or to apply, please visit:
Parking & directions
Arsenal Yards is approximately a 10-minute drive from Harvard Square and approximately a 15-minute drive from Copley Square. Other areas will find it easily accessible from the Mass Pike or Fresh Pond Parkway, among many routes available to Watertown’s East End. Once on site, ample free parking is available. Traveling via public transportation? MBTA bus route 70 stops right on site and can be picked up at the Central Square Red Line T stop.