Kitchen Prep Clerk
Posted Fri, Jan 8 | Roche Bros. - Now Open!
About the Role:
Prepare food and display product in the department in a careful, clean, neat, and expedient manner while ensuring that all product is fresh, rotated, and well-stocked for our customers while maintaining great customer service.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Demonstrate capability to work with customers.
- Successful completion of company training program.
- Completed a course in food safety, either mini class or full certification.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English, with the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work a scheduled based on the business needs of the store location.
- Authorized to work within the U.S.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the company.
- Commit to the “Golden Rule” and work with other associates to build a strong kitchen team.
- Achieve the highest associate morale in the industry by working in a style that is Respectful, Supportive and Totally Team Oriented (RSTO).
- Handle each customer transaction in a courteous, friendly manner. Go out of your way to satisfy any request for assistance.
- Provide continuous attention to customers’ needs at the service counter and be available for customer assistance and questions about food products.
- Offer assistance in finding or suggesting product selection.
- Guarantee outstanding product quality and presentation through cooperation with kitchen manager.
- Keep all kitchen ingredients or merchandise rotated in accordance with company policy and product code dates and always make use of the oldest products first (first in, first out).
- Participate actively in the control of shrink; use proper tares, check scales for accuracy, control “leftovers” and minimize waste.
- Demonstrate learned skills of product preparation, selling and display techniques.
- Practice the “Cleaner’s Creed” and proper sanitation procedures.
- Follow all sanitation guidelines and standards.
- Ensure that company standards of safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are maintained.
- Monitor cooler and display area temperature to ensure product quality; report refrigeration failure immediately.
- Able to operate and clean department equipment and tools.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Clean utensils, work tables, display cases, cooler and freezer, walls, fans, drains, and wipe counter tops.
- Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and business attitude.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized markdowns or property defacement.
- Successful completion of the onboarding/e-learnings and checklist within 30 days of hire/entering department.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
For additional details or to apply, please visit:
Parking & directions
Arsenal Yards is approximately a 10-minute drive from Harvard Square and approximately a 15-minute drive from Copley Square. Other areas will find it easily accessible from the Mass Pike or Fresh Pond Parkway, among many routes available to Watertown’s East End. Once on site, ample free parking is available. Traveling via public transportation? MBTA bus route 70 stops right on site and can be picked up at the Central Square Red Line T stop.