Posted Fri, Jan 8 | Roche Bros.
About the Role:
Deliver high quality, handcrafted Cafe beverages and food. Provide accurate and efficient customer service of all items and collecting payment from customers while maintaining great customer service.
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Complete training in the Café operation.
- Must be able to work as a team member and interact positively with customers.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English, with the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work a scheduled based on the business needs of the store location.
- Authorized to work within the U.S.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the company.
- Greet, assist and thank all customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner.
- Commit to the “Golden Rule” and work with other associate to build a strong customer service team.
- Achieve the highest associate morale in the industry by working in a style that is Respectful, Supportive and Totally Team Oriented (RSTO).
- Exemplifies Our Barista Promise by delivering high quality, handcrafted beverages and food.
- Record all items at correct prices in their correct departments quickly and efficiently.
- Can identify potential problems, takes action and proactively communicates ideas for possible solutions to managers.
- Understands the importance of meeting store goals and holds self-accountable for understanding and achieving business measures.
- Account for proper recording sales and for money collected.
- Follow correct procedure for pick-ups, coupons, voids, EFT and EBT transactions. Keep areas neat.
- Shares candid feedback to help others grow and is open to takes action on coaching and feedback provided to help them grow.
- Maintain acceptable cash over/short record.
- Able to view the store through the lens of the customer and proactively gathers and shares customer feedback.
- Count back change for each customer transaction.
- Participate in bagging customers’ orders properly after cash transaction;
- Check register for product to ensure nothing is left behind.
- Participate actively in control of shrink (loss of profit); shoplifting awareness, associate pilferage, and perishable overstock control.
- Familiarize yourself with the total store layout.
- Maintain a neat personal appearance including proper uniform.
- Follow proper hand washing and perishable food handling procedures.
- Practice the “Cleaner’s Creed” and proper sanitation procedures.
- Keep sales and work area are swept clean, orderly, and free from safety hazards and report hazards to management along with cleaning equipment and tools.
- Exercise proper safety practices when lifting or moving product or using equipment.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Keep supplies filled and maintained.
- Assist customers in locating items or identifying correct price.
- Clean up spills and maintain proper sanitation.
- Assist in training new cashiers.
- Successful completion of the onboarding/e-learnings and checklist within 30 days of hire/entering the department.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
For additional details or to apply, please visit:
Parking & directions
Arsenal Yards is approximately a 10-minute drive from Harvard Square and approximately a 15-minute drive from Copley Square. Other areas will find it easily accessible from the Mass Pike or Fresh Pond Parkway, among many routes available to Watertown’s East End. Once on site, ample free parking is available. Traveling via public transportation? MBTA bus route 70 stops right on site and can be picked up at the Central Square Red Line T stop.