Posted Fri, Jan 8 | Roche Bros.
About the Role:
To process and stock a variety of quality meat and meat-related items in a careful, clean, neat and expedient manner; ensuring that product is fresh and appealingly displayed for our customers while maintaining great customer service.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have knowledge of all cuts of meat.
- Must be Servsafe certified.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English, with the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work a schedule based on the business needs of the store location.
- Authorized to work within the U.S.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the company.
- Commit to the “Golden Rule” and work with other associates to build a strong meat team.
- Achieve the highest associate morale in the industry by working in a style that is Respectful, Supportive and Totally Team Oriented (RSTO).
- Have knowledge of various cuts of meat, including special cuts.
- Wrap products in trays, along with weighing and pricing cut meat.
- Be able to cut beef, pork, veal, poultry, and lamb to company standards.
- Stock meat case, freezer, and other displays in neat manner.
- Unload meat delivery and store product in designated area.
- Keep back room, cooler, freezer, fans, drains, and display cases organized and clean. Along with monitoring the correct temperature and reporting refrigeration failure immediately to management.
- Keep all meat products in display cases, coolers and freezers rotated in accordance with company policy and product code dates and always make use of the oldest products first (first in, first out).
- Keep work area swept clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report any hazards immediately to management.
- Practice the “Cleaner’s Creed” and proper sanitation procedures.
- Exercise safe practices on all meat department equipment and tools.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Perform price changes, along with making and putting up signs.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark downs or property defacement.
- Successful completion of the onboarding/e-learnings and checklist within 30 days of hire/entering the department.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
For additional details or to apply, please visit:
Parking & directions
Arsenal Yards is approximately a 10-minute drive from Harvard Square and approximately a 15-minute drive from Copley Square. Other areas will find it easily accessible from the Mass Pike or Fresh Pond Parkway, among many routes available to Watertown’s East End. Once on site, ample free parking is available. Traveling via public transportation? MBTA bus route 70 stops right on site and can be picked up at the Central Square Red Line T stop.