Meat - Assistant Manager
Posted Fri, Jan 8 | Roche Bros. - Now Open!
About the Role:
To assist the meat manager to effectively plan, organize, lead, coordinate and optimize the materials and human resources in the meat department to provide variety and high quality merchandise appealingly displayed to maximize the sales and profits of the meat department while maintaining great customer service. To function as meat manager in his/her absence.
- Must be 18 years of age with High School diploma or equivalent.
- Successful experience in meat operation (including merchandising, ordering, inventorying and pricing).
- Complete training in meat operation.
- Ability to display initiative and work with limited supervision.
- Must be Servsafe certified.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English, with the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work a scheduled based on the business needs of the store location.
- Authorized to work within the U.S.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the company.
- Provide an open door atmosphere conducive to high associate morale and excellent customer service. Achieve the highest associate morale in the industry by managing in a style that is Respectful, Supportive and Totally Team Oriented (RSTO).
- Commit to the “Golden Rule” and work with other associates to build a strong meat team.
- Promote the company image as a service-oriented operation where every associate will greet, assist, render efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner.
- Ensure the department achieves the standards of performance as outlined in the work and merchandising plan.
- Possess good communication skills, ability to conduct and facilitate department meetings, and ensure fair and consistent treatment in administering discipline to promote high associate morale.
- Responsible for inventory, security and expense control of the department.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, and thus compliance with all state and federal laws applicable to our industry (i.e., scheduling/labor laws, dress code, sanitation regulations, etc.).
- Resolve customer complaints to the full satisfaction of the customer and answer product questions.
- Ensure the department is merchandised in accordance with the needs of the community.
- Individual and department completion of the onboarding/e-learnings and checklist within 30 days of hire/entering the department. Train and develop associates in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Order, receive, unload and store deliveries; store, price, date, rotate, and stock product and prepare product for display and sale.
- Keep all meat merchandise rotated in accordance with company policy and product code dates and always make use of the oldest products first (first in, first out).
- Effectively control proper storage limiting shrink and damaged goods.
- Achieve and maintain department’s merchandising goals and standards in cooperation with store manager and department merchandisers and buyers (such as gross profit, presentation, etc.).
- Plan, order, prepare cutting list and process meat according to work plan and standard to maximize sales and gross profit.
- Assist the department manager with planning work schedules and breaks; achieve payroll consistently by scheduling within budget.
- Help ensure wage and hour policies and regulations are adhered to, maintain accurate records, and respond timely to all location mail, reports, and records.
- Prepare special cuts as requested by customers.
- Help minimize all department expenses without compromising department conditions or customer service level (i.e., payroll, supplies, insurance cost).
- Delegate and use initiative, ingenuity and good judgment to act on opportunities and solve problems.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings along with department manager to establish merchandising, sales and profit objectives.
- Monitor cooler and display area temperatures to ensure product quality; report refrigeration failure immediately.
- Ensure that company standards of safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are achieved.
- Practice the “Cleaner’s Creed” and proper sanitation procedures.
- Keep sales and work area swept clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report hazards to management.
- Exercise proper safety practices when lifting or moving products or using equipment.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Verify price checks for customers as needed.
- Ensure department associates adhere to company dress code standards.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark downs or property defacement.
- Clean walls, fans and drains in meat cooler, display cases and work area.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
For additional details or to apply, please visit:
Parking & directions
Arsenal Yards is approximately a 10-minute drive from Harvard Square and approximately a 15-minute drive from Copley Square. Other areas will find it easily accessible from the Mass Pike or Fresh Pond Parkway, among many routes available to Watertown’s East End. Once on site, ample free parking is available. Traveling via public transportation? MBTA bus route 70 stops right on site and can be picked up at the Central Square Red Line T stop.