Grocery - Overnight Crew
Posted Fri, Jan 8 | Roche Bros.
About the Role:
To stock merchandise on shelves and displays throughout the department in a careful, clean, neat and expedient manner; ensuring that all product is fresh, rotated and well stocked for our customers.
- Must be 18 years of age;
- Complete training in the grocery operation.
- Capable of following verbal directions.
- Must be able to read and write English adequately.
- Ability to speak, understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
Primary and Essential Job Functions:
- The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the company.
- Commit to the “Golden Rule” and work with other associates to build a strong night crew team.
- Achieve the highest associate morale in the industry by working in a style that is Respectful, Supportive and Totally Team Oriented (RSTO).
- Prepare grocery department for the next day’s business; ordering to fill shelves, stocking neatly, pricing accurately, and cleaning up.
- Effectively control proper storage limiting shrink and damaged goods.
- Notify night crew chief or grocery manager of potential shrink problems (damaged or missing merchandise; check loads carefully when receiving), product availability problems, potential security problems, and refrigeration checks.
- Monitor cooler and display area temperatures to ensure product quality; report refrigeration failure immediately.
- Ensure company standards of safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation, and productivity are achieved.
- Practice the “Cleaner’s Creed” and proper sanitation procedures.
- Order, receive, and unload deliveries; store, price, date, rotate, and stock product and prepare product for display and sale.
- Keep all grocery products in display cases, coolers and freezers rotated in accordance with company policy and product code dates and always make use of the oldest products first (first in, first out).
- Ensure shelves are clean as they are restocked.
- Make sure that all shelves and displays are blocked and straightened.
- Maximize productivity; achieve a minimum standard of 235 cases per 8 hour shift.
- Keep sales and work area are swept clean, orderly, and free from safety hazards; report hazards to management.
- Exercise proper safety practices when lifting or moving product or using equipment.
- Be sure to operate and clean department equipment and tools.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Clean and restock stock room.
- Properly dispose of trash.
- Clean behind store, and clean up spills.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark downs or property defacement.
- Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and business attitude.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
For additional details or to apply, please visit:
Parking & directions
Arsenal Yards is approximately a 10-minute drive from Harvard Square and approximately a 15-minute drive from Copley Square. Other areas will find it easily accessible from the Mass Pike or Fresh Pond Parkway, among many routes available to Watertown’s East End. Once on site, ample free parking is available. Traveling via public transportation? MBTA bus route 70 stops right on site and can be picked up at the Central Square Red Line T stop.