Posted Fri, Jan 8 | Roche Bros.
About the Role:
To stock merchandise on shelves and displays throughout the department in a careful, clean, neat and expedient manner; ensuring that all product is fresh, rotated and well stocked for our customers while maintaining great customer service.
- Must be 16 years of age; (18 to use compactor)
- Complete training in the grocery operation.
- Ability to prioritize work load and have sense of urgency.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English, with the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work a scheduled based on the business needs of the store location.
- Authorized to work within the U.S.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the company.
- Greet assist and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
- Commit to the “Golden Rule” and work with other associates to build a strong grocery team.
- Achieve the highest associate morale in the industry by managing in a style that is Respectful, Supportive and Totally Team Oriented (RSTO).
- Receive and unload deliveries, check for accuracy, and store product in designated area.
- Keep all grocery products in display cases, coolers and freezers rotated in accordance with company policy and product code dates and always make use of the oldest products first (first in, first out).
- Clean shelves as they are restocked, fill and build displays, and make sure these are blocked and straightened.
- Help to keep the department merchandised in accordance with the needs of the community.
- Return all overstock to stockroom in an organized manner.
- Perform price changes when necessary.
- Notify grocery manager of potential shrink problems (damaged or missing merchandise), out-of-stock items on shelf, potential security problems, and customer requests/complaints.
- Practice the “Cleaner’s Creed” and proper sanitation procedures.
- Monitor cooler and display area temperatures to ensure product quality; report refrigeration failure immediately.
- Keep sales and work area swept clean, orderly, and free from safety hazards; report hazards to management.
- Exercise proper safety practices when lifting or moving product or using equipment and tools.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Assisting the front end with bagging at busy times.
- Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and business attitude.
- Properly dispose of trash.
- Successful completion of the onboarding/e-learnings and checklist within 30 days of hire/entering the department.
- Other duties assigned by management.
For additional details or to apply, please visit:
Parking & directions
Arsenal Yards is approximately a 10-minute drive from Harvard Square and approximately a 15-minute drive from Copley Square. Other areas will find it easily accessible from the Mass Pike or Fresh Pond Parkway, among many routes available to Watertown’s East End. Once on site, ample free parking is available. Traveling via public transportation? MBTA bus route 70 stops right on site and can be picked up at the Central Square Red Line T stop.