Posted Fri, Jan 8 | Roche Bros. - Now Open!
About the Role:
Receive and stock a variety of floral merchandise on shelves and displays in a careful, neat and expedient manner. Ensuring that all product is fresh, rotated, well stocked, and eye appealing for our customers while maintaining great customer service.
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English, with the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work a schedule based on the business needs of the store location.
- Authorized to work within the U.S.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the company.
- Handle each customer transaction in a courteous, friendly manner, and go out of your way to satisfy any request for assistance.
- Commit to the “Golden Rule” while working with all associates to build a strong floral team.
- Achieve the highest associate morale in the industry by working in a style that is Respectful, Supportive and Totally Team Oriented (RSTO).
- Be knowledgeable about floral products and offer suggestions for plant care and floral arrangements, along with having the ability to locate the information if not readily available.
- Place customer special orders in person and over the phone.
- Design and put together floral arrangements for all occasions and gift wrap bouquets for customers. Record any and all flowers used on the inventory sheet.
- Make arrangement/plant upgrade bows for the season.
- Participate actively on the control of shrink by keeping accurate records of product dumped, lost, or damaged, and minimizing waste on product and supplies.
- Order necessary variety; receive, process (under 18 restrictions apply), display, rotate and store product deliveries to assure quality control.
- Keep all floral merchandise rotated in accordance with company policy and product code dates and always make use of the oldest products first (first in, first out).
- Ensure that all product is accurately priced, and that it scans at the register.
- Keep back room/supply area, coolers and display cases organized and clean.
- Perform proper plant care maintenance for both inside and outside product (i.e., watering and trimming foliage and blooms on potted plants, etc.).
- Perform water changes for cut flowers on scheduled days.
- Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and business attitude.
- Practice the “Cleaner’s Creed” and proper sanitation procedures.
- Exercise proper safety practices when lifting or moving product, and operate department equipment and tools (under 18 restrictions apply).
- Keep sales and work area mopped, swept clean, orderly, and free from safety hazards; report any hazards to management.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Assist with the daily inventory.
- Inflate balloons and hang up signs.
- Decorate the department to fit the current season.
- Monitor the cooler and display cases for correct temperature to assure product quality.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark downs or property defacement.
- Successful completion of the onboarding/e-learnings and checklist within 30 days of hire/entering the department.
- Other duties assigned by management.
For additional details or to apply, please visit:
Parking & directions
Arsenal Yards is approximately a 10-minute drive from Harvard Square and approximately a 15-minute drive from Copley Square. Other areas will find it easily accessible from the Mass Pike or Fresh Pond Parkway, among many routes available to Watertown’s East End. Once on site, ample free parking is available. Traveling via public transportation? MBTA bus route 70 stops right on site and can be picked up at the Central Square Red Line T stop.