Posted Wed, Jan 6 | Roche Bros. - Now Open!
About the Role:
Prepare food and display product in the department in a careful, clean, neat, and expedient manner ensuring that all product is fresh, rotated, and well-stocked for customers while maintaining great customer service.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English, with the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work a schedule based on the business needs of the store location.
- Authorized to work within the U.S.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the company.
- Commit to the “Golden Rule” and work with other associates to build a strong deli team.
- Provide continuous attention to customers’ needs at the service counter.
- Offer product suggestions.
- Process merchandise according to production guidelines and follow established sanitation standards.
- Slice meats and cheeses.
- Prepare and wrap cheeses, sandwiches, and other deli related products.
- Stock display cases and rotate all products to ensure date control.
- Unload deliveries and store product in designated area.
- Monitor/maintain the cooler, freezer, equipment, and work area to the sanitation standards of the company.
- Practice the “Cleaner’s Creed” and proper sanitation procedures.
- Ensure sales and work area are swept and wiped clean, orderly, free from safety hazards, and report hazards to management. Operate and clean department equipment and tools.
- Exercise proper safety practices when lifting or moving product or using equipment.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Keep display cases, cooler and freezer organized and clean; clean walls, fans, drains, and equipment.
- Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and business attitude.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark downs or property defacement.
- Successful completion of the onboarding/e-learnings and checklist within 30 days of hire/entering the department.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
For additional details or to apply, please visit:
Parking & directions
Arsenal Yards is approximately a 10-minute drive from Harvard Square and approximately a 15-minute drive from Copley Square. Other areas will find it easily accessible from the Mass Pike or Fresh Pond Parkway, among many routes available to Watertown’s East End. Once on site, ample free parking is available. Traveling via public transportation? MBTA bus route 70 stops right on site and can be picked up at the Central Square Red Line T stop.