Posted Mon, Nov 2 | Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton
If you have high energy, an infectious personality, and are highly motivated then we want you to join our team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sales Manager will generate group and/or transient business and maximize revenue profitability using proactive sales activities in accordance with established hotel brand standards.
- Prospect for new business through outside sales calls, solicitation, networking, and cold-calling.
- Experience in managing sales activity through brand specific software.
- Improve hotel visibility by conducting outside sales calls/blitzes, attending trade shows and market segment related events.
- Design and deliver marketing promotions and campaigns involving direct mail, social media, ads, etc.
- Meet or exceed established monthly, quarterly and annual targeted sales goals and profit margins.
- Maintain an active list of accounts to ensure continuous relationship development.
- Develop and execute monthly focused and aggressive action plans.
- Communicate with internal business partners on upcoming group needs, VIP clients, meeting functions.
- Maintain and secure repeat business through client satisfaction and loyalty.
- Maintain knowledge of industry and trends in market, particularly among competitor set.
- Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible management experience in Business Transient or Group Sales; OR 4-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major and 1 years of experience in Sales within a full and/or select-service hotel or related professional area.
Equal access to programs, service, and employment is available to all persons. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, physical or mental disability, arrest record, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
For additional details or to apply, please visit:
Parking & directions
Arsenal Yards is approximately a 10-minute drive from Harvard Square and approximately a 15-minute drive from Copley Square. Other areas will find it easily accessible from the Mass Pike or Fresh Pond Parkway, among many routes available to Watertown’s East End. Once on site, ample free parking is available. Traveling via public transportation? MBTA bus route 70 stops right on site and can be picked up at the Central Square Red Line T stop.