Posted Mon, Nov 2 | Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton (Now Open!)
The purpose of a Houseperson is to assist room attendants in preparing guest rooms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist room attendants with stripping beds and removing used linen and towels.
- Deliver towels to laundry for cleaning.
- Deliver fresh towels and linens to room attendants for guest rooms.
- Deliver additional supplies to room attendants as needed and as necessary.
- Effectively communicate with room attendants to ensure efficient and timely cleaning of guest rooms.
- Vacuum hallways of guest room floors.
- Perform all duties in accordance with brand standards and with emphasis on meeting or exceeding guest expectations.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- No formal education or experience required.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow through, and work with a minimum supervision.
- Ability to exert physical effort consistent with position as per the hotel standards.
- Ability to grasp, bend, and stoop; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 30 lbs.
What to Expect
- Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career.
- Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work.
- Derive a sense of pride in work well done.
- Be recognized for excellence.
Equal access to programs, service, and employment is available to all persons. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, physical or mental disability, arrest record, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
For additional details or to apply, please visit:
Parking & directions
Arsenal Yards is approximately a 10-minute drive from Harvard Square and approximately a 15-minute drive from Copley Square. Other areas will find it easily accessible from the Mass Pike or Fresh Pond Parkway, among many routes available to Watertown’s East End. Once on site, ample free parking is available. Traveling via public transportation? MBTA bus route 70 stops right on site and can be picked up at the Central Square Red Line T stop.