Posted Mon, Nov 2 | Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds in a courteous and timely manner to all guests’ questions, complaints or requests.
- Performs maintenance and repair work on the interior and exterior of building, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating/air conditioning (HVAC) ventilation, water treatment systems and swimming pools.
- Conduct inspections for Preventative Maintenance needs.
- Ensure the security of inventory such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc.
- Replenish supplies in a timely and efficient manner, minimizing waste and ensuring that equipment is prepared and operational for the next shift.
- Completes assigned work orders in a timely manner and within specifications.
- Record and report completed repairs and items that require further attention.
- Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting, HVAC work and masonry. Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
The work environment normally entails the following:
- Ability to work in all types of inclement weather conditions
- 1/3 to 2/3 of time working near mechanical parts, with vibration and risk of electrical shock, and in high, precarious places, on ladders and in extreme cold and heat.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals throughout the day
- Moderate to occasional loud noise levels consistent with hotel environment
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
- Stand or walk more than 2/3 of the time
- Sit less than 1/3 of the time
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel 75% of time
- Reach with hands and arms 75% of time
- Reach overhead with hands and arms 25% of time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, climb or balance 50% of time
- Talk or hear 50% of time
- Carry / Lift /Push/Pull up to 75 lbs.
For additional details or to apply, please visit:
Parking & directions
Arsenal Yards is approximately a 10-minute drive from Harvard Square and approximately a 15-minute drive from Copley Square. Other areas will find it easily accessible from the Mass Pike or Fresh Pond Parkway, among many routes available to Watertown’s East End. Once on site, ample free parking is available. Traveling via public transportation? MBTA bus route 70 stops right on site and can be picked up at the Central Square Red Line T stop.