Assistant General Manager
Posted Mon, Nov 2 | Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton
Distinguished Hospitality™ – in our industry it is all about providing experiences and opportunities for our guests to create lifelong memories through travel. We’re perfectionists and visionaries, fueled by innovation and precision. Whether you work at our Corporate office, on property, or anywhere in-between; a job at Stonebridge will be demanding. It also will reward original thinking, hard work, and dedication.
Stonebridge Companies is a privately owned, innovative hotel development and hospitality management company. We manage a portfolio of 60+ hotels across the United States, and provide investor opportunities, hotel development services, hotel management services, and hospitality career opportunities to our partners and team members. We are currently looking for a Property Accountant to support an assigned hotel portfolio in our corporate office located in the DTC.
Delivering daily on Distinguished Hospitality™ that is what we expect of you, but we also expect you excel at the following:
The ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER is responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of the property, including but not limited to front office, housekeeping, food and beverage and engineering, while supporting the General Manager in providing overall leadership in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead all operational managers to success on daily, weekly, monthly and annual action plans relative to property business plan and financial goals.
- Ensure compliance of brand standard operating procedures and policies.
- Plan, organize, facilitate and/or participate in various hotel and department meetings.
- Develop and implement plans that improve guest satisfaction and associate satisfaction.
- Monitor and develop associate performance, particularly operational managers, to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and rewards.
- Interview, hire and train associates, particularly management level.
- Monitor service quality, operational efficiency, guest satisfaction, standards compliance and service and financial measurements.
- Identify operational performance, productivity and efficiency gaps and develop measures to correct those deficiencies.
- Support assigned departments to achieve financial/business plan goals and expectations in accordance with established operating budget, monitoring progress monthly and implementing controls for expense management.
- Minimize risk and oversee loss prevention measures in the areas of safety of guests and associates and security of the hotel and property and in accordance with state, federal and company policies.
- Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by General Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university (Hospitality or Hotel Administration preferred); or four years equivalent experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of two years equivalent experience in a full-service hotel property of similar size and quality. Solid career progression in management of both Rooms and Food & Beverage operations. Thorough understanding of revenue and yield management principles. Position requires ability to work a varied schedule that includes evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
What to Expect
- Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career.
- Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work.
- Derive a sense of pride in work well done.
- Be recognized for excellence.
For additional details or to apply, please visit:
Parking & directions
Arsenal Yards is approximately a 10-minute drive from Harvard Square and approximately a 15-minute drive from Copley Square. Other areas will find it easily accessible from the Mass Pike or Fresh Pond Parkway, among many routes available to Watertown’s East End. Once on site, ample free parking is available. Traveling via public transportation? MBTA bus route 70 stops right on site and can be picked up at the Central Square Red Line T stop.